Skip to content

Touchstone Gets Cascadura Green Light

Read Time: 1 min

Touchstone Exploration has received environmental clearance from the authorities in Trinidad and Tobago to develop production facilities within the Cascadura area of the Ortoire block.

Specifically, the group has been given permission to create an operation capable of handling 200mln cubic feet of natural gas per day, 5,000 barrels of ‘associated liquids’ and 200 barrels per day of produced water.

Paul Baay, Chief executive of Touchstone Exploration, said that the regulatory green light “allows us to establish a clear and measurable five-year development plan for the discovery.

“We are working with our local contractors, and construction is underway at local fabrication shops for various aspects of the facility with all major facility components already delivered to Trinidad.”

Touchstone has 80 percent ownership of the Ortoire Block with partner Heritage Petroleum holding the remaining 20 percent.

For more information visit